[Sca-cooks] Kind of an odd (dumb) question

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Thu Oct 9 08:30:24 PDT 2003

--On Thursday, October 09, 2003 3:13 PM +0000 Olwen the Odd
<olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:

>>     Dear the List
>>
>>     I have two recipes for rollmops, but I am not sure if you cook the
>> herring once it is pickled.  If there is anyone has made rollmops, could
>> you share your experiences?

my experiences are mostly eating them at Oktoberfests. ;)   just plain ole
pickled herring and onions thinly sliced and marinated w/ herring... mebbe
a carrot shred or two. no post-pickling cooking far as i can tell.

i looooooooooooooooooooooooooove pickled herring.  why ruin it with sour
cream.

cailte