[Sca-cooks] Re: ricotta as "fresh cheese"?

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Oct 10 06:05:31 PDT 2003

How can you tell it's ricotta as opposed to something else?
And while I'm definitely not an expert on anything, let alone foods or
cheese, I've always thought of ricotta as belonging in the fresh-cheese
category, if only because my brain has categorized fresh cheeses as
"those ones you have to refrigerate" vs., say a "cured" (?right word?)
cheese like cheddar or roquefort or something. Perhaps the confusion
lies in what we think of when we say a "fresh" cheese?
--maire's two pence worth....