[Sca-cooks] Re: ricotta as "fresh cheese"?

chirhart_1 chirhart_1 at netzero.net
Fri Oct 10 06:45:36 PDT 2003

 I agree with Huette,Ricotta is as fresh a cheese as you can get. You use
fresh whey because it still has Albuminous Protein,
which you collect by adding more milk and vinegar .You then cook this ,put
in to cheese cloth to drain,Viola more cheese.
After its drained,add salt and cream to get taste and texture .The only
Difference between this and Bag Cheese is that with
Bag cheese you start with Milk not Whey ,you get a sweeter Flavor from the
leftover whey Because there are sugars left over from the previous cheese
production .

                                        From Chirhart ( Cheese Monger For
The Barony Of The brightHills )

Some People are Wrong,and then there are people who are Wronger then others.

Joe Friday-( Just the Facts Mam )