[Sca-cooks] Re: ricotta as "fresh cheese"?

Naquiba Katira al-Maghrebiyya cynaguanswan at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 13:50:38 PDT 2003

I once made an entry for a 'Spoon' (cooking) contest
that called for fresh cheese.  I made three versions
and submitted them all for the judges to taste.  Cream
cheese, ricotta cheese and my own fresh cheese (milk
and lemon juice).

I couldn't tell the difference myself except a vague
difference in the coloring of the browned tops, yet
each judge favored a different one!

The most surprising thing to me was that there was
only a few almonds (decoration) and crumbs on the
plate when I retrieved it.  Surprising as this was my
most disappointing effort in any cooking contest.
Just goes to show you how much difference there is in
peoples tastes!

Katira
P.S. I won