[Sca-cooks] Re: ricotta as "fresh cheese"?

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 12 08:50:25 PDT 2003

*And* this line just registered. (So, I'm slow- went right past me
before...)

> Take fresh cheese, and pare it clene, and grinde
>hit in a morter small . . .

That doesn't sound like something you would, or could, do with ricotta.
Sounds like a more solid cheese... Hoop or farmer cheese? Yes, you can
grind ricotta, to smooth it out - but paring? What is "paring it clene"?
 Does that imply a mold or rind - which would seem improbable with a
fresh cheese? Or just to make sure you aren't getting dirt into your
dish, from something that has been sitting around a bit?

AEllin