[Sca-cooks] Abysmally wrong EDiets article on medieval diet

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Oct 13 15:15:13 PDT 2003

I couldn't resist either.

Here's what I sent--

Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 3:49 PM
Subject: Poor Quality of lead article

I sentit to their  General Comments

 >> The article Good Knight: The Middle Ages Diet!
 >> Special for eDiets
 >> by Mark Hoffman
 >>
 >> has got to be one of the most ludicrous articles ever written about
food in the Middle Ages. Obviously Mr. Hoffman has not bothered to
research the subject. If he had read C.B. Hieatt, or C. Woolgar or any
of the number of excellent books by C. Anne Wilson or T. Scully, he
would realize that food was not all rancid, food preservation was highly
developed, etc., etc.
 >> As a librarian I am appalled that you would post such an article as a
researched article by an "award winning author."

Johnnae