[Sca-cooks] Abysmally wrong EDiets article on medieval diet

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Tue Oct 14 07:40:40 PDT 2003

"Leah A. Montgomery" wrote:

> Ok, I think that we have definately hit a nerve with this
> poor guy. Here's the response that I got, after sending it
> only five minutes before, and my response back.

> Is writer baiting bad??

It's not bad ... unless he doesn't know how to play that game.

But if you must, here are two hints ... when your reply includes
his earlier message, do a very careful edit to correct _each_
and _every_ spelling and/or grammar error ... but just show the
correction and don't otherwise mention it.  e.g. ...

	AS YOUR REPLY, [sic. ....] IT WAS

Then if he asks, just say that your eMail client has an
automatic auto correct function that has better a command of
English than his eMail client.  <g> ... but don't send him
any emoticons.

Be sure to spell check your responses ... i.e. you speak
without any error showing, but you illuminate his errors.

> >I have never seen anything SO far off the mark. AS YOUR
> >REPLY.... IT WAS A HUMOR COLUMN TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO
> >FOCUS ON THE HEALTHY ASPECTS OF EATING AND DIET...HUMOR
> >INVOLVES WILD EXAMPLES, USE OF STEREOTYPES, EXAGGERATION....
> >Ladies in waiting. Not weighting.--IT IS A WEIGHT LOSS
> >COLUMN...HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >MLH'

It might be time to ask if he lost the instruction sheet that
is included for beginning computer users and was packed with
his recent computer delivery ... the one that suggested
becoming familiar with the keyboard ... specifically locating
the "Delete" and "Shift" keys ... these keys have important
functions ... learn their use.

> >Oh my, I think that I touched on a nerve. I'm still trying
> >to see the humor in the article...*shrug*...I guess that I
> >will have to look harder.

Don't hurt yourself <g> there isn't any humor in any of his
replies ... he's using a new (untested) form of false rhetoric
... "appeal to humor" ... similar to insulting a drunken beyzun
(Yiddish for linebacker) and then claiming you were just making
a harmless joke.

> >Unlike Dave Barry, you aren't funny. And it was a wieght loss
> >column?? I thought it was a column about how to get as many
> >stereotypes, bad advice, inaccurate historical "facts" and
> >just plain junk into a two page space as you can.
> >
> >Leah A. Montgomery
> >mog_bane at hotmail.com
>
> Leah A. Montgomery
> SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
> Head of Byat Al Viola Hirrar
> Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
> mog_bane at hotmail.com

Vincenzo