[Sca-cooks] Extruded pasta

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Oct 15 18:22:27 PDT 2003

That new work Pasta by Serventi and Sabban goes into this. It seems to
be in the air, according to them in the 16th century when the "ingegno
per li maccheroni" was in use. This is literally they say, a macaroni
engine. They mention that the guild of vermicelli makers in Naples was
requiring an extrusion press by 1579 when it was incorporated into the
charter.

I gave the full details on the book in a post earlier this week.

Johnnae llyn Lewis