[Sca-cooks] Breakfast Bread Muffin Pastry

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 15 21:24:39 PDT 2003

Bwen Cat asked about breakfast ideas and Anne-Marie replied with an
interesting assortment and then closed with:
> --Anne-Marie, who hopes that these recipes are still in the
> florilegium?
> They used to be....:)
Yes, if something makes it's way into the Florilegium, it is unusual to
see it removed. It might get moved or copied to another file though as
new ones get developed. Even if a correction arrives for a message I
will usually just add the correction rather than trying to change what
someone has said. At least content. Spelling and punctuation I will
often correct.

Two files I would look in, which are not in the FOOD-BREADS section are
in the FOOD section:
Brakng-t-Fast-art (32K)  5/10/01    "Breaking the Fast or What did they
eat for
                                        breakfast?" by Mistress
Christianna
                                        MacGrain, OP,OL, Meridies.
breakfast-msg     (71K)  9/26/01    What's for breakfast? SCA and
period.

You will have to make your own decision as to whether they will keep
and meet your ease of preperation desires though, as they are not
organised that way.

Perhaps some of the instant oatmeal cereals are close enough to a
period gruel or porridge to meet your needs? They would require heating
some water though, which is a bit more complicated than just grabbing
some bread or pastry item

Cheese will keep. How about a slab of cheese on some bread?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com