[Sca-cooks] Odd question...

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 07:13:55 PDT 2003

In a message dated 10/17/03 6:48:21 AM, goldbergr1 at cox.net writes:

> If it's the acid TASTE that concerns her, I routinely add a teaspoon or so
> of sugar to my tomato sauce to counterbalance the acidity. If it's more of a
> gastric problem (i.e. reflux), then she may need to add a pinch of baking
> soda (be cautious - too much will make it taste soapy).
>
> Avraham

Nice to see we cook the same.... Your food is yummy!

Also, what is she cooking it in? What is the metal in the pot?? Cast iron
and copper makes it far more acidic than stainless. Aluminum adds a sharp
metallic taste that can alter the sauce.

Andrea (who plays with pot properties and effects on food taste)

Our minds are like our stomachs; they are whetted by the change of their
food, and variety supplies both with fresh appetites.
Marcus Fabius Quintilian (35 - 90) Roman orator