[Sca-cooks] Question on Cubebs

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 17 08:57:26 PDT 2003

Greetings,

The main issue I have with it is that Allspice is not a period spice. I
would to come up with a combination of period spices tho mimic the flavor.
But all information is good to have. If I some day forget to pack the cubebs
and am desperate, I might just pull out the allspice.

But I did not feel that a non-cooking related list was the proper place for
such a picky-picky debate. So of course I brought it over here! ;)

So, maybe a combo of black pepper, little bit of ginger and some lemon zest
(or juice if the recipie can take the liquid)?

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva