[Sca-cooks] Odd question...

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 17 09:22:46 PDT 2003

Avraham haRofeh of Sudentur wrote:

>If it's the acid TASTE that concerns her, I routinely add a teaspoon or so
>of sugar to my tomato sauce to counterbalance the acidity. If it's more of a
>gastric problem (i.e. reflux), then she may need to add a pinch of baking
>soda (be cautious - too much will make it taste soapy).
>
>Avraham

This reminds me of the same sort of reaction to tomato sauce for pasta.
 One solution is a spoon of sugar.  Another one is a dash of cinnamon,
which is really good in chili if a little unexpected!  Another thing
I'll sneak into chili to smooooth it out is a big spoonful of cocoa.
 Sort of a tribute to Mole'.

Selene Colfox