[Sca-cooks] Question on Cubebs

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Oct 17 10:27:03 PDT 2003

> >Oh no, definitely not a match in flavor. I just mentioned them because
> >I've seen references to them being used _in period_ in dishes in place of
> >cubebs.
>
> Do you know what the source for that is? It's one I haven't come
> across and I'm curious.

I first encountered this in Polish references, the Maria Dembinska book
and Sophie Knab's work. Ok, that could all be coming from another book in
Polish that I can't read. But I found the same reference again somewhere
else, and that is the reference I can't remember.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Somedays the struggle just gets tired..." -- Renee Senolges