[Sca-cooks] Question on Cubebs

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 17 11:32:32 PDT 2003

OK well I tried.  If I were to try to substitute for cubebs, I'd go with
stuff that is equally hard to find in the average supermarket, is the
only problem.  Maybe black pepper plus grains-of-paradise with a light
shaving of citrus peel.  I would not use allspice, since cubebs don't
have that "clove-y" flavor, to my taste anyway.

Selene C.