[Sca-cooks] Was: Odd question.../ NOW-Pots

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 12:24:33 PDT 2003

In a message dated 10/17/2003 10:47:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
DeeWolff at aol.com writes:

> I did an experiment with this at an A&S expo, and I found that the pot DOES
>
> matter. Different tastes happen when you cook the same exact food in
> different
> pots. ( I used cast Iron-olive oil seasoned, stainless (generic bulk
> kitchenware),

  I would like to know how they would compare to a pottery cooking vessel!
Although you can't cook a large feast in pottery...it WAS used a lot in the
home kitchen!  Mistress Christiana did a demo of pottery cooking on the kiln we
used to fire the pottery at Pennsic..it was very interesting!  I can't wait to
try it myself!

Etain