[Sca-cooks] Was: Odd question.../ NOW-Pots

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 16:16:08 PDT 2003

In a message dated 10/17/2003 11:02:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Jeff.Gedney at dictaphone.com writes:

> Actually,
> I think we use Aluminum the most... especially for stock pots
> how did that fare in your cooking tests?

I tend to avoid using aluminum entirely. First there was the theory that
aluminum was causing alzhimers in people (dunno how that turned out, if it
actually has been settled). THEN we noticed the pitting in the aluminium pots when we
cooked anything acidic, and the clincher was some veggie fritters we made
that for some reason turned neon green in the aluminum pan... which were promptly
christened "frog fritters". NOBODY would eat them, I tasted one, it was Okay,
I can only assume it was the color.

All in all I have no use for aluminum (with the possible exception of foil)
in my kitchen, YMMV :-).

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke