[Sca-cooks] Question on Cubebs

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Sat Oct 18 07:00:50 PDT 2003

> As a practical substitute, I'd suggest using a much smaller amount of
> freshly ground black pepper. The flavor is similar, though pepper is
> hotter. But the ideal solution would be to keep up a supply of cubebs.
> :-)

I agree - I've always thought cubebs were extremely pepper-like.  That's
always been my substitution - and in fact, I've used cubebs in place of
pepper once when I couldn't find my pepper grinder (darned toddler...)

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it for himself. - Galileo Galilei