[Sca-cooks] OT: milled pinks

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Oct 19 07:35:09 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Does anyone know what milled pinks are?
>
> I have a German cookie recipe which calls for "a little milled pinks"
which I
> want to try.
>
> Thanks
> Marina

Margali said that last year, we were discussing leavening agents, of the
more exotic variety, ground pinks refers to ground animal horn, and that in
the modern version of the recipe, Germans use ground cloves to get the same
sharpness of flavor in the dough. This is from her German friend, Christian-
I'm just passing the message- I haven't a clue as to what I'm talking about
;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS- NOT a cookie monster...

 Blacksmith's credo.