[Sca-cooks] Books as gifts

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Mon Oct 20 07:57:12 PDT 2003

Safia asked:

If you were to give someone with little to no knowledge on medieval cooking
a book to help them out, what would you give them?

(Just a kind of sneaky way to get a good book buying list going for myself.)
<<<

Well for the latter you might check out this file in the FOOD-BOOKS section of the Florilegium:
cookbooks-bib     (40K)  6/ 9/01    Cookbook bib. by Mistress Jaelle of Armida.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/cookbooks-bib.html

This is a book listing and indicates which she thinks are good and which she does not thing are good. She has revised this list, and it is available on other sites. When I get the time I will update this file in the Florilegium.

There are also a number of other files in this section that might also be of interest, including a great number of the book reviews and mentions from this list.

Stefan