[Sca-cooks] cooking in pottery

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 20 11:14:07 PDT 2003

 I did see your report on this list after I sent my message. Thank you. Very
interesting. I think you mentioned this before, perhaps in a message about
Pennsic because I now remember your comments about the skillet breaking and
still continuing to cook things on the skillet pieces.

	You saw me do a show-and-tell at the potluck at Pennsic, live in person.

I have saved your message and someone else's, also with actual hands-on
experience cooking using ceramic pots to start a file in the Florilegium on
this topic.

Stefan
	I think that's a great idea.  Mistress Cori from Aethelmarc sent me half of
an article about cooking over a wood fire before the event.  It was helpful
to read through before working with the pottery (although it was her that
heated the skillet incorrectly, I have a picture where she's holding it
half-way over a flame.. tsk, tsk...).  I'll send her a note and ask if it's
ok to send it along to the Florilegium, and prod her to finish the other
half.
Christianna