[Sca-cooks] juniper berries in period recipes?

tirloch at cox.net tirloch at cox.net
Tue Oct 21 08:27:11 PDT 2003

Juniper berries are best used in a marinade whole.  I usually count out the number of berries used when making a marinade so I can retrieve them beofre the marinade is used for making a sauce.

When I have made a large marinade for saurbraten or pork dish, I now put the juniper berries, cloves, and any other whole spices in a cheesecloth bag.

Tirloch