[Sca-cooks] Near a Thousand Tables

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Sep 1 08:56:31 PDT 2003

It's ok but not outstanding. You can get it cheap at the moment in some
of the used book outlets. It's a highlights version of food--history
that offers up tidbits of this and that fact and then quickly moves on
to the next theme that he has chosen to cover. I'd borrow a copy and
read it before buying if you can. It may not be to your taste.

Johnnae llyn Lewis

Keep an eye out for Roy Strong's Feast coming out in November in the US
if you like foodie books.