[Sca-cooks] [EK] default broth (fwd)

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Sep 3 12:51:56 PDT 2003

I was thinking about the default type of broth to be added to a dish when
broth is specified... (Ok, years ago when I shared my redaction of hen in
broth with my non-SCAdian ex his comment was "So medieval people just
happened to have chicken broth laying around in cans..." which degenerated
into why medieval people would have spare broth at all...)

Anyway, the Boiling Pot in the Hampton Court kitchen was apparently used
for Beef, and so the majority of the broth available would have been beef.
Would that be true with other cultures or times? How would one find out?

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I'm sorry, the antichrist you have dialed is no longer in service.
Please check your list of enemies and dial again."