[Sca-cooks] When to Pick Quince?

Peldyn at aol.com Peldyn at aol.com
Fri Sep 12 11:13:49 PDT 2003

I live about 20 miles from a grove of quince trees. A small private museum
planted them years ago to see if they would grow in the area. I know the people
who run it and they do nothing with the fruit. I want to go and pick it when
it is ripe, but when is that??? I am in the Mojave Desert, if that affects
ripening time. My pomegranates are never ripe until the end of Oct, beginning of
Nov.
Visions of quince jelly and quince tarts dance through my head!
Peldyn