[Sca-cooks] Peacock

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 15 20:36:45 PDT 2003

  Pani [J]adwiga asked:
> So, is it worth it to make peacock? Are there good recipes? How many
> peacocks would I need so that everyone at a 40-60 person feast would
> get a taste?
Is it worth it to make a peacock? Probably, from both the possible
theatrics and because few people are going to have a chance to try it
elsewhere. *However*, even in period it was not known to be that good
for eating. There are period comments to skin it, take the skin and
feathers and to drape them across another, tastier bird. I think you
might do well with just a bite or two for each person.

For more info and, I think, period recipes check this file in the
FOOD-MEATS section of the Florilegium:
peacocks-msg      (38K)  5/31/01    Serving peacock sotelties safely.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/peacocks-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas