[Sca-cooks] Re: cooker

Lora Weems.Leofwynn atte Gos muchosnombresfarm at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 05:48:16 PDT 2003

But, Bear, they didn't use a cooker (like a back yard barbeque , or a smoke-house.)

I don't know about North and East, but if you go to a restaraunt or grocery store around here and buy something 'smoked', it has been hot smoked.  Not Air dried.

Now, if you are taklig about jerkey (the real stuff, from thinly sliced muscle meat, and dried on racks or in a dehydrator (or one of a multitude of ways)  not ground meat shaped and dried) Yes you can find that, but I have noticed that a lot of the stuff I have found in convienience stores sayd "Pasteurized" which may also mean heat cooked, not air dried.

Leofwynn

I think that might surprise the Southern Cheyenne, who cured buffalo meat
with smoke sun and wind-- in Texas.

Bear

>Stefan, this may be the cause of some of the confusion from us warm-weather
folks, and one reason we don't really see many truely smoked meat here in
Texas- you would pretty much have to put the smoker in a refrigerator,
unless we had a long cold spell.

>Leofwynn

If it's Tourist Season, why can't you shoot them?