[Sca-cooks] lungs, smoked or otherwise

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 19 22:18:46 PDT 2003

  Huette Litella commented:
> I don't know what we are coming to!  First, we
> start smoking meat.  Then we start smoking
> chilis.  What next?  Smoking tobacco? Don't you
> know that smoking is bad for your lungs?  Humph! :-)
Hmmm. I think the only period recipes I have that include lungs are
haggis. And in that they are boiled, not smoked. So possibly smoked
lung is not good for you... :-)
Does anyone have any other period recipes that use lungs, smoked or not?
And yes, I seem to remember that it is illegal in the US to sell lung,
so these dishes might be difficult to re-create (if you even wanted
to), but it would be nice to have the info.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com