[Sca-cooks] Sabbath Goy tending food

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 15:43:57 PDT 2003

        I don't think it works quite that way.  You can ask a gentile to do
some emergency, necessary thing, like turning off the airconditioner when it
unexpectedly gets very cold (my landlord asked my roommate, a Baptist, to do
this once - note that he didn't ask me, knowing that I'm Jewish) but you can't
make such a person do work, like preparing a regular meal. The Bible says that
not only can't you work, but also that you can't make your servants work, or
your animals, or the visitor in your house, either.
     Devra

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com