[Sca-cooks] Nunez (was Avila)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 30 15:58:55 PDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
: [Sca-cooks] Avila was Beverages, was Royal authenticity

It does?  Any idea when I can hit you up for a translation?  Or must I put
my non-existent Spanish to the test?

Bear

> Buts that's in Book V, and right now I'm in Book I, which
> discusses wheat and bread.
>
> Brighid ni Chiarain *** mka Robin Carroll-Mann

I should have known better than to wave slice of bread in front of a Bear.  It's like the proverbial bull and the red flag.  :-)

It will probably take me a couple of weeks to get through the wheat/bread section.  I will share the translation when I've got more than two pages to share.  Incidently, I am not translating Lobera de Avila.  I am translating Franciso Nunez de Coria's "Aviso de Sanidad" (1572 ed.).   From your point of view, this is A Good Thing, because Nunez has more to say about bread.  No recipes, you understand, but a lot of commentary on which kinds of bread are the healthiest.

Should you wish to test your non-existent Spanish, go to the link below.  Start with image # 37.

http://cisne.sim.ucm.es/search*spi/gDIOSCORIDES/gDIOSCORIDES!c/181,1,1858,B/l856&FF=gDIOSCORIDES!c&183,,1858,1,0

Brighid ni Chiarain