[Sca-cooks] Nunez (was Avila)

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 30 18:16:15 PDT 2003

Blessings on you.  I'm curious to see what the Spanish have to offer to the
baker's art.  Most of the available information is from England.  I have a
little bit of information from Denmark, France, Germany and Italy, but I
have absolutely nothing from Spain.

I'll check out the site from work, where I have a high speed connection.

Bear

>I should have known better than to wave slice of bread in front of a Bear.
It's like the proverbial bull and the red flag.  :-)

>It will probably take me a couple of weeks to get through the wheat/bread
section.  I will share the translation when I've got more than two pages to
share.  Incidently, I am not translating Lobera de Avila.  I am translating
Franciso Nunez de Coria's "Aviso de Sanidad" (1572 ed.).   From your point
of view, this is A Good Thing, because Nunez has more to say about bread.
No recipes, you understand, but a lot of commentary on which kinds of bread
are the healthiest.

>Should you wish to test your non-existent Spanish, go to the link below.
Start with image # 37.

>http://cisne.sim.ucm.es/search*spi/gDIOSCORIDES/gDIOSCORIDES!c/181,1,1858,B
/l856&FF=gDIOSCORIDES!c&183,,1858,1,0