[Sca-cooks] FW: genetically engineereed foods

KarenO karen_ostrowski at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 17:08:50 PDT 2003

I can't stand it - soap-box time (& please don't blame Caointiarn for this
rant - I'm Morgan, who occasionally reads the list, 'cause there's lots of
cool ideas/recipies here.....)

Any time we eat the *vast* majority of  foods available in this day & age,
we are eating "genetically modified organisms".  When you breed a
plant/animal for desirable characteristics, you are attempting to modify the
original, and this occurs through *gasp* genetic changes.   And while I'm
ranting, the term "organic foods" pushes me over the edge.  If something is
a food, it is by definition organic (contains carbon).

OK , rant mode off, back to lurking & playing guinea pig to Caointiarn's
experiments.

Morgan