[Sca-cooks] peeling onions

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Sep 3 06:27:11 PDT 2003

How about handling them as one does garlic cloves? I use one of those
flexible mats now for garlic. You place the pieces in the mat, roll them
up, and roll the mat across the tabletop. The skins loosen and come off.

Otherwise, if you are chopping them anyway, just cut them in half and
peel the skins off from the halves. This is one of these chores that
always takes longer than it seems it should.

Johnnae