[Sca-cooks] Camel Ribs

Rosine nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org
Thu Sep 4 15:25:39 PDT 2003

> Have you asked the folks gifting them to you how they had it cooked?
>
> ok, I guess that is a stupid question...
>
> Olwen

*grin*
   Well - it IS from a Navy ship. They had a steel BBQ while they were
floating on duty off the coast of Iraq.

Of course.

   But the guy who is "getting" the ribs for us only barely knows the guy on
the ship. Ship-guy is in charge of storage, not cooking. All he knows is
that they bar-b-qued them - so SCA guy pounded his chest and said, "Me want
big dinosaur ribs. Yum. You cook. Everyone eat."
   I think I'll go with the idea of treating it like beef - maybe arrange
some sort of "slathering station" next to the firepit and soak them in the
sauce as long as I can before putting them on the grill. And cooking them a
_long_ time.
   Besides, it is fun to watch the guys do the pounding chest thing.

Thanks, everyone!
(I'll post when this is happening, Olwen, if you'd really like to try some!)
Rosine