[Sca-cooks] RE: Camel Ribs

Jane Massey dylansmom at cox.net
Fri Sep 5 07:45:11 PDT 2003

I wrote my brother, who is in Kuwait right now because I know that he has had camel.  He was invited to a BBQ with the Navy Seals and they were cooking camel steaks and ribs.  He says that they grilled it, just like a steak or braised pork ribs and that it had the consistency of very grisly beef.  He said one of the Seals put a pepper and salt rub on it and that the other made a marinade for the beef but my brother was not sure what was in it. He enjoyed it, but I guess anything is better than army chow hall food (where you can tell what kind of meat they have by the shape of the pattie).

BTW Rosine, I would be happy to travel to other side of the water to help out with cooking these suckers.  Just give me a buzz.

Lady Lavender de Morten
Principal of The Tir-y-Don Culinary Companions
Chronicler for The Barony of Tir-y-Don
"Animis opibusque parati"