[Sca-cooks] Snickerdoodles Recipe OOP

Samrah thlsamrah at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 15:42:04 PDT 2003

375 degrees 7 minutes

Snickerdoodles

1-1/2 cup sugar

1 cup margarine (or butter if you are into that sort of thing)

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)

2-1/2 cup flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

cinnamon sugar (probably not more than 1/4 cup)

a bit of milk or water

Cream sugar and margarine. Add egg & extracts. Stir. Sift or thoroughly mix flour, baking soda & cream of tartar. Add and stir. Roll into balls, then roll balls in cinnamon sugar. Bake 375 degrees about 7 minutes. Cookies are done when the outside edges of the cookie are just barely golden. Remove from cookie sheet promptly. I have also added many combinations of cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, etc., in the sugar to make a bit spicier cookie. On occasion, I have made them without the cream of tartar. They do not raise as much, but are still tasty.