[Sca-cooks]cookies was hello there

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Sep 9 05:46:35 PDT 2003

Expand the definition of the term "Cookie" and
the word that comes to mind is Wafer.
Those they made for festivals and fairs and just for eating. They also
did a lot of griddle cakes like oatcakes, etc that fit into the mode of
crackers today.

Glad you like the list.

Johnnae llyn Lewis

Samrah wrote:

  While it is probable that cookies were not done much in period (too
small and individual of an item), I often make Snickerdoodles with
various spice blends for events. Although the sugar on the outside of
the Snickerdoodles may well have been too expensive to use, they tend to
have a more believable effect than chocolate chip or peanut butter or
the more fancy Danish cookies our family does.