[Sca-cooks] Oops!

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Fri Sep 5 20:54:50 PDT 2003

The original Caesar Salad has Worcestershire Sauce in the dressing,
which contains anchovies to get the fishy tang.  Others use the
anchovies directly.

For several versions of the history of Caesar Salad, see these links:

http://www.kitchenproject.com/history/CaesarSalad.htm
http://www.culinaryarts.com/Recipes/recipefiles/Caesar.htm for another
http://www.foodreference.com/html/artcaesarsalad.html
http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/SaladHistory.htm