[Sca-cooks] I'm back! (Be afraid? :-/ )

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 7 10:45:52 PDT 2003

Greetings,

In keeping with a recent thread:

`And only one for birthday presents, you know. There's glory for you!'
`I don't know what you mean by "glory",' Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. `Of course you don't -- till I tell
you. I meant "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"'
`But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument",' Alice objected.
`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, `it
means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.'
`The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many
different things.'
`The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master -- that's
all.'

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva