[Sca-cooks] Late-period Caribbean food (was Asking a favor of Phlip]

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Sep 8 12:52:35 PDT 2003

I own that volume. It's an extraordinarily weird pamphlet titled:
The Lucayos' Cook Book. Being an Original Manuscript 300 years old,
never published. Found in the Bahamas.
Dated 1660-1690.

Printed in Nassau, Bahamas. 1959.

It was mentioned in several SCA booklists back in the 1970's. It's a
compilation of several different sorts of recipes ranging from sweets
and preserves to soups and meats. In total, it's 48 pages. Karen Hess
mentions it in the textual notes to Martha Washington's Booke of Cookery.

Johnnae llyn Lewis