[Sca-cooks] Late-period Caribbean food (was Asking a favor ofPhlip]

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 8 12:56:20 PDT 2003

Is there any further information regards the cooking and eating of the "sea
cow" in period either in the New World or the now extinct variety which
lived in the Indian Ocean?  I have been told that manatee is still or until
recently was ocasionally eaten in Cuba in rural areas.

Daniel

:(  I usually don't get emotional about eating anything, but as an adoptive
family of Ariel the manatee, I've got to say this is one re-creation I hope
nobody is considering!
Christianna