[Sca-cooks] Late-period Caribbean food (was Asking a favor ofPhlip]

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 8 10:09:32 PDT 2003

-------Original Message-------
From: Christine Seelye-King <kingstaste at mindspring.com>
:(  I usually don't get emotional about eating anything, but as an adoptive
family of Ariel the manatee, I've got to say this is one re-creation I hope nobody is considering!
Christianna

The manatee is a protected species under federal and state law, and even harassing one can earn you a year's room and board, courtesy of Uncle Sam.  There are also fines of up to $100,000.
http://www.hsswp.com/manatees/extensive/law.html

I suspect that most SCA cooks would decide that manatee was far too expensive to serve.

Brighid ni Chiarain