[Sca-cooks] Camel Ribs

Jeff.Gedney at Dictaphone.com Jeff.Gedney at Dictaphone.com
Tue Sep 9 06:20:57 PDT 2003

> >I always prefer to steam ribs before barbecueing...  Shortens the
cooking
> >time in the grill/smoker and really leaves the meat juicy.

> You're absolutely right.  I had forgotten about that, having been mostly
> smoking brisket and country-style ribs lately.

Actually, my favorite technique for ribs is to steam over beer, (usually a
cheap beer I wont drink, anyway, like American Budweiser).
It adds a subtle sweetness to the meet. Very nice.

But steaming over beer is neither period nor is it particularly
Islamic/Mongolian/whatever...
But steaming the meat will help the cooking time, and if you use the right
flavorings (perhaps some mint leaves and rosemary in the steaming water...
) it should enhance the camel meat, and help hide any "off" flavors your
"me barbarian, me eat" diners would otherwise balk at.

Brandu