[Sca-cooks] Snickerdoodle Recipe

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Sep 9 15:42:21 PDT 2003

At 03:15 PM 9/9/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I have seen some very unlike-snickerdoodles out there
>going by that very odd name but I have been eating and
>making them since the 50's.  They should be very light
>and crisp but tender and just a tad chewy if that
>makes any sense.  Snickerdoodles are never HARD.  They
>should go from the original ball rolled in sugar/cinn
>to a flat round with a cracked surface and be just
>slightly browned.  Can't really say how they are the
>after a day or so as they get eaten up so quickly.
>Wow, gotta go make a batch!!
>
>Katira

I must add that it has always been my understanding that the particular
taste of a true Snickerdoodle (that slight 'bite') is due to the Cream of
Tartar (perhaps a slightly higher amount than in other recipes). If they
don't have that CofT taste, they aren't real Snickerdoodles!

And yes- something like that seldom lasts long enough to get hard or stale...

'Lainie