[Sca-cooks] Collecting Yeast from Birch Trees

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 9 21:30:09 PDT 2003

Andrea commented:
> > I rather doubt that the presence of birch
> > trees necessarily is an indicator of teh presence of yeast.
>
> MMMmmm. Sounds like my backyard has some brewing and baking to do.....
Have you brewed using birch sap before? Or are you just talking about
the possiblities of yeast on the birch trees? If the former, you might
be interested in the comments on birch beverages in these two files in
the BEVERAGES section of the Florilegium:
beverages-msg    (109K)  8/30/01    Beverages in general. alcholic
drinks.
beverages-NA-msg  (80K)  9/ 2/99    Non-alcoholic beverages.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com