[Sca-cooks] coffee mills, was: galangale

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Fri Sep 12 04:47:17 PDT 2003

We have a coffee grinder and a spice grinder. I use my spice grinder mainly for Indian cooking. I clean the grinder each time with a dry brush and then I leave the lid off for a few hours to air out. But it always still smells vaguely like Indian food.  In the past, I've ground a bit of dry rice in the container after using it (and before cleaning it, but I don;t think it works 100%.  Any more suggestions to nutralize the smell?
Phillipa