[Sca-cooks] coffee mills, was: galangale

Avraham haRofeh of Sudentur goldbergr1 at cox.net
Fri Sep 12 03:43:19 PDT 2003

> So anyway -
> anyone have any suggestions as to which models or brands to stay away
from?
> It's not going to get a great deal of use and will be mainly for grinding
> the occasional bit of beans that _I_ want for some coffee. But I've been
> paying attention to spice-grinding and wouldn't mind making it serve
> double-duty. I'm such a seldom-cook that I don't even have a food
processor
> or even a blender.

NONONO! You do NOT want to use one grinder for both, even minimally! You
*WILL* cross-contaminate your flavors, no matter how well you clean it.
They're only about $15-20 dollars - buy two and stash 'em in a cupboard
instead of on the counter if you're only going to use them but seldom. I
keep my coffee grinder on the counter next to my coffee pot, and my spice
grinder in the cabinet with my spices.

I have a Krups and a Braun, and I like both (the Krups is my spice grinder).

Avraham

Reb Avraham haRofeh of Sudentur
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: Walk softly and carry a megawatt laser.

---