[Sca-cooks] Re: When to Pick Quince?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 13 18:41:36 PDT 2003

Peldyn wrote:

>see how they are. If there are enough I will gladly share them with you
>Selene, will you be at Crown Tourney?
>Peldyn

Oh heck yeah.  I'm swearing in two new proteges that day.  Everyone's
invited who wishes to be there.   Aeddie and I will probably go to a
lecture at the Huntington Library in the morning about their historical
cookbook collection but we will be there in the late afternoon just when
the tourney is getting Interesting.

Pick them green rather than yellow.  I've just given myself a bad
experience at Sunland Produce where I usually buy my quinces.  I thought
buying the yellow ones would be sweeter and riper, instead they were
brown on the inside.  Yuck.  The green one was nice and white.  Too bad
I got distracted and let them burn while experimenting.  Oops.  Oh
well.  Another one for the Burned Food Museum.

Imperfectly yours, Selene Colfox