[Sca-cooks] larding turkeys and other meats

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 14 06:22:11 PDT 2003

Turkeys replaced most of the traditional large birds during the 16th
Century.

For an earlier replacement, you might consider the guinea fowl, the Roman's
Numidian hen.  It has a similar diet and reaches the size of the Eastern
woodland turkey.  The domestic turkey is quite a bit larger, apparently
having been bred from the large Rio Grande turkey.

Bear