[Sca-cooks] goose, was turkey roasters

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Sun Sep 14 16:12:38 PDT 2003

goose, properly done, is heavenly....

i had never had goose, until i decided to try it after reading a method to
drain some of the fat

peirce the goose skin all over (prick it)
scald it in boiling water until the skin puckers
place in fridge to "rest" for a day (ok, i only did half a day)
then place in V shaped Roasting rack.... and roast at lowish heat over a
deep roasting pan
remove it from oven
drain off fat (or place in new pan)
(there will be a THICK pool of fat)
place back in oven and raise temperature to brown/crisp skin.

heavenly......
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...