Peacock Re: [Sca-cooks] larding turkeys and other meats

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 15 16:18:28 PDT 2003

On 15 Sep 2003, at 9:10, jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:

> However, apparently, for the Spanish feast in February that I am doing, I
> can get a peacock (ok, I'd have to get two, one to experiment on). There
> are recipes in my printed version of the de Nola translation that the
> translator claims are for peacock. However I admit that I trust Brighid's
> translation which has some of them being for turkey instead.

Ay de mi!  Where are you finding that reference to turkey?  I admit that when
I first started translating, I made that error, but it was corrected long before
my translation went up on the web.  I have posted turkey recipes from
Granado, but those were published. 70 years later, in 1599.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net